- Rockies could look to trade Rosario
- Broncos pass on available runnings backs Blount & Tate
- Giroud out 3 months – Transfer possibilities and immediate impact
- Tulowitzki out for remainder of 2014, ending his MVP season; trade rumors pick up
- Jon Lester scratched from Wednesday’s start
- Rockies make moves; Morneau, Logan activated from DL
- Trade Rumor: LaTroy Hawkins gaining interest around MLB
- Tulo spotted at Yankees game
- Broncos should consider making run at Orakpo
Tanguay to return to lineup on Friday vs. Panthers
- Updated: January 22, 2014
The Avalanche are getting healthier, and that is a good sign as they head towards the closing stretch of the regular season.
First, P.A. Parenteau returned to the lineup on Tuesday vs. Toronto, and now it appears as if Alex Tanguay will return to the lineup when the Avs travel to Florida to play the Panthers on Friday night. This according to Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
Tanguay has not played since injuring his knee on November 2nd vs. Montreal. As he was recovering from the knee injury, Tanguay also suffered a sore hip and that is what has been keeping him out recently.
It will be a welcome return for Tangs back to the lineup, as the Avs need a spark after a disappointing 5-2 loss on home ice to the Maple Leafs on Tuesday.
To make room for Tanguay on the active roster, Colorado sent Brad Malone down to Lake Erie (AHL) on Wednesday. Malone has played in 14 games this season, including 10 straight before being a healthy scratch on Tuesday.
Alex Tanguay played in 13 games before suffering the injury, putting up 9 points while playing on the Avs top two lines.
The return of Tanguay will give the Avs full strength on their forward lines, meaning a guy like Jamie McGinn will either be pushed to the third line soon or become available in possible trade talks in order for the Avs to improve on the blue line.